Monday 15 June 2009

Still Green Nosed

Poor little bear had a bad day yesterday. And he is all bunged up and horribly nosed today. And he doesn't want to eat and he doesn't want to sit and he doesn't know what he wants but he wants it NOW.

I have reluctantly decided not to take him to nursery. The cough that he is developing tipped the scales on that decision. I'm going to try and get him to the doctor tomorrow re the cough, just to be sure.

I would like to say that I realise just how lucky I am. Dear heart was on a course recently for Makaton sign language - because little bear is not speaking we were referred. He heard so many heartbreaking stories and saw so much courage in those attending. We have a little boy who is just not ready to talk yet. He has a minor cold. We are incredibly lucky.

2 comments:

AnGem said...

Sorry I`m a few days late reading this.
My eldest grandson is nearly 3 and my daughter was very worried he wasnt talking like other children of the same age. He used to grunt and point a lot. In the last 3 months he has not stopped talking. When he started he came out with full sentences. It was as if he was just learning it all in his head before trying it out. Anyway, we laugh now about how worried we were, as now you cant keep him quiet.
I know its hard but try not to worry, it will sort itself out.

Anne

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you for this. Apparently we are doing everything right. That is less reassuring than I think the speech therapist meant.

I am also getting lots of 'almost' words now, I think a breakthrough is not far away!

And I love his attempt at 'yellow'- more like 'lell lowl'.

I am getting more confident now, mainly thanks to reassurance like this! WS