Friday 5 June 2009

Dithering again

Well, there are 25 days to go before I have gone a whole month without spending on ebay. I am not going to manage to go that long. Tomorrow we are going to get new shoes for little bear so I am going to get him a pair of welly boots in the correct size and have seen some extremely inexpensive, nice welly boots on ebay - still cheaper than the local shops including postage and ideal for bouncing in summer puddles. Also I think they look a little gorgeous. I will want some sturdier ones for winter, but obviously I don't need to buy those in June.

I digress. I am dithering again about spends. You see, I've also had a bit of a browse for some tops. I got a huge heap of tops just over ten years ago when the slinky material came in. I love that stuff - easy wash, dries quickly and it is non iron. However, regrettably, the heap is more like a small puddle. After a decade nothing looks the same, and stubborn grease spots, cats claws and tumeric powder have taken their toll. I need some new tops.

But I can't find any that I like. I think I am looking for tops that don't exist. I want long line tunic styles, with not too low a neckline, and none of this empire line or smocking. I want either slinky or jersey material, no buttons, easy care, plain and not patterned and in a limited range of colours. Not pink. Definitely not pink. I don't want to spend much money on them, as I still remember roughly how much I spent on the heap now puddle of tops and I am going to always be comparing the cost to that. I am going to be rummaging in the charity shops as opportunity arises, but as I am a 'fuller figure' my experience is not so good. It is amazing how many people do not slim down enough to donate lots of 'big boned' clothes to charity.

I have gone through the clothing stores on Quidco and there is nothing that I really feel drawn to, at least, not in the shops that I can afford. But there are two tops, slinky, in the colours I like on ebay. Currently they are inexpensive, but are likely to creep up in price as the auction nears its end.

Part of me is saying, well if I get little bear's wellies I might as well bid on these tops, I may not get them, and I will be starting again with my no ebay challenge anyway. And part of me is saying that I have at least half a dozen functional tops, I don't go to fashion parades, I can scrape by for a summer. And then I think how hard it is to get these slinky tops and how in winter they are ideal to layer under sweaters. And I could do what I normally do which is put my bid in at the (actually quite low) amount I am willing to pay and then walk away which is my attempt at being sensible.

I have a few days before the auction ends. Days of dithering here I come.

No comments: