Wednesday 24 June 2009

Stopping the Shopping 4

Today I thought - wow! I haven't spent anything today! Then I remembered £40 + of groceries delivered by Sainsbury today. Drat.

But it has certainly opened my eyes to how much I spend - pennies on ebay, never much at a time - sweeties for little bear - we could do with this - we could do with that...

My next resolution is to set goals that I need to achieve before I buy anything that isn't absolutely essential. Of course, a definition of essential is a flexible point. My definition of essentials for my handbag is probably not the same as that of Kate Moss.

Speaking of handbags, after an interesting tussle with little bear I now have only one strap on my handbag. I am in no hurry to replace it, I am not a handbag person. I shall pop into Matalan when the going is good. If only I could show the same restraint in other things.

No comments: