Tuesday 23 June 2009

Dusty times

Darling father has more energy than I do, but so do most plants. However he decided he wanted to wash his car while he was here.

So, while I was trying to get all washed up and the washing on the line and lunch for little bear and prepare for tea, I also dug out some old cloths and a bucket of soapy water (the cheap washing up liquid I use for plants) and a brush and dustpan.

I would like to point out that I was still trying to get on with things afterwards while darling father had his afternoon forty winks.

Well, that was Saturday. On Monday as he went to leave the building work across the street had left a fine film of dust all over his car. This was quite disappointing for him. Fortunately I have a grossly overgrown buddleia at that side which means that most washing hung out does not get a fresh dusting unless the work is particularly vigorous. It also gives me an excuse not to wash our car. Which apparently is blue. Or possibly dark grey. Probably not silver. Could be dark green.

Apparently the plans had been somewhat misleading when it came to the water supplies and it is surprising just how much ended up dug. This includes a deep trench with what feels like a very flimsy board over it. Little bear bounces over it. As I am a fuller figure of a lady, I proceed with caution.

I'm not sure what is going to be like when the building work stops. I just can't imagine it.

No comments: