Friday 19 June 2009

Spring cleaning is late this year.

Well, little bear was at nursery yesterday afternoon and in a rather patchy effort I removed three bin bags full of rubbish from the room where darling father will be staying.

Regrettably I found a huge mound of little bear's old clothes. You see, when he was about four months old all sorts of things went all wrong. There was a horrible, nasty and dark time. I kept myself going by buying clothes for little bear. Now, ebay is my friend and getting big bundles of clothes for little bear for very little money was a comparatively harmless hobby. However I have already taken enough clothing round to a neighbours to kit out two of her relatives new born boys for the first year of their lives. Now I have found a vast sea of outgrown little bear clothing and I am just stunned. Also I had already passed some on to someone who was fostering.

So I am going to try and getting it all washed and ironed and on ebay (which as it is my friend will hopefully get me some pennies). But added to the dirty washing that I have dragged out means that after the earlier washing marathon I now have twice as much washing as before and all the ironing to do. I could cry.

And as for cardboard boxes.... We only get one recycling collection per month. Well, if you add up all the boxes from Lakeland, ebay, approved food, various online purchases, etc etc then you would not believe the amount of cardboard in a large heap near the kitchen door slowly transferring to the recycling bin. Even the special food for evil cat comes in huge quantities of cardboard.

I am just glad that I seem to be in the mood to clear round. Long may this continue!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

If you are on a roll, keep at it! Unfortunately, me feeling in that mood doesn't happen very often, but when it does, I moved the furniture around and everything! Poor husband thinks he has come home to a different house. All was relatively under control once - we moved house about every two years, and we had a massive chuck-out each time, but we have been here five years this weekend, and things are getting a little piled up!!!

Go for it and keep up the amazing work.

Morgan
x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you!

Little bear is napping and I have just filled the second bin bag from the living room.

Darling father arrives in about an hour... But he will aid and abet any cleaning and he loves playing with little bear. Which means I can be elsewhere... WS

(moving every two years!!! I cannot get dear heart to move without threats of chainsaws. How do you do it?)

Morgan said...

We made some mistakes along the way, but we moved from one huge house which was really too big, to a bungalow which was too small and now we are in a 4 bed house, with garage and workshop and biggish garden - and now I think I would like more garden for my veggies and chickens!

My husband puts up with moving as and when I take the urge, and each house has moved us a little further up the ladder, so I have done well with houses as an investment over the years - we started with a cottage worth £49K in 1992 and we bought this for £215K five years ago, and this is our fifth house in that time - we did stay in the first 8 years.

I don't think I would make anything by moving at the moment, so we are here for the duration of the credit crunch or whatever you want to call it!

Morgan
x