Tuesday 30 June 2009

Talking about the weather

The weather continues warm.

It is so hot and humid, I am not comfortable at all. Outside is so damp that the washing is hardly drier than when I put it out last night. The dehumidifier downstairs is being emptied twice a day. I don't think I am cut out for exploring the Amazon jungle!

Now the battle is on to ensure that little bear gets sufficient liquid. My late mother, my darling brother and dear heart have all had the same problem - dehydration. Drinking liquid seems to happen to other people. I have forgotten how many times I have looked at dear heart through narrowed eyes and asked, 'how much liquid have you had to day?' and seen a guilty start as he tries to remember when liquid last passed his lips. The record was many years ago and was two in the afternoon when he had his first drink of the day - and that was southern comfort and ginger! Then he had a headache.

My late mother was far worse. I remember her in hospital, she had collapsed with side effects from chemo and the nurse was trying to get her to drink. 'Come on cariad - some coffee?' He could get away with murder when he called my late mother cariad - Welsh for darling. She would shake her head. 'Tea? Fruit tea? Lemonade? Water?' She just didn't want to drink.

So poor little bear gets nagged to drink all the time.

No comments: