Friday 26 June 2009

I think there is a communication gap

My sister in law and her daughter visited last Sunday.

Sometimes there is such a huge gap of communication. The complete lack of comprehension that I should want to knit anything is a case in point. Home-made is not a compliment. Home-made is acceptable for cakes, but nothing else.

The daughter rather disparaged a friend who was knitting a sweater dress, 'if I want one I will go and buy one'. Now actually that is the sensible option with the price of yarn today, and you certainly will have a better chance of no dropped stitches and finished this century than if I were the knitter. But it did seem a little sad. I don't like to offer to make one, it would look home-made and I don't like to presume. But it does rather show up a vast difference in outlook.

No comments: