Tuesday 30 June 2009

I knew things were too quiet

I took little bear along to get a yoghurt. On the way out and and on the way out there was a man. He looked very official, with a white shirt and numbers on navy epaulettes and was talking in an official way into the mobile phone. He was looking so official I nearly didn't see the beer gut.

Well, he was looking at next door's last remaining caravan, and at the growing number of vehicles belonging to next door, and looking serious. Then as I was going in my house he popped a note through next door's letter box.

I thought it had all gone quiet. I thought it was all nice and calm. I thought that the only thing I needed to worry about now was the hole in next door's roof. Then we could try and sell.

Obviously those who put the bollards in at the end of the road and who then had to take them out now are upset. Bollards are, I am sure, not inexpensive.

We are only really affected when it comes to trying to sell and also upset neighbours. It is not nice, however, with an 'atmosphere' in the street.

No comments: