Monday 22 June 2009

Darling Father has left.

Darling father arrived on Friday. One of the first things he did was give little bear full sugar pepsi while I was getting his cuppa. Little bear didn't get to sleep until well after 10pm. He was happily playing and singing nice and quiet, but he was not asleep.

Saturday, well, my plans to get ironing done were completely scuppered. So were my plans to get the sponge paints out for little bear. Dear heart was working a lot of Saturday afternoon, and he is not well. My darling brother and his friend came round as well. It was lovely to see them and ate up most of the evening. Evil cat slept on my head as I was sleeping downstairs.

Sunday, darling father, dear heart and little bear went to see the farm animals and have ice cream so I cleaned and waited for my sister in law and her daughter to visit. They said that they would come 'after bingo' which in the past has meant @ 2pm. I cleaned and tidied and threw out while the men were out, then brushed and swept (and I have absolutely no idea what little bear has done with the dustpan) under the supervision of darling father, and then waited. And waited. Little bear by this point was absolutely beside himself with tiredness so upstairs he went.

About half an hour later my sister in law and her daughter arrived. Bless them they didn't insist that he be brought down. But he woke relatively soon regardless, with dear heart having to use the bathroom facilities. They stayed until comparatively late, so I ended up having a takeaway which I hadn't budgeted for.

Even darling father flinched at my expression when I came in and found him giving little bear full sugar and caffeine Sprite. Little bear stayed awake until around 10pm again. Dear heart was working for most of the evening. And evil cat slept on my head again.

This morning little bear may have napped except that he was in his room, waiting for a nap to hit, and I kept having to trudge up and down stairs for all the things that darling father had left upstairs. Lunch time I went against my habits and gave him a bottle, poor mite was on his knees. Darling father left, little bear had some quiet time and I finally took him to nursery. I wasn't sure about this, but I thought he would benefit. He cried, for the first time, when I left him. He was giving me the signs for being hungry, but I wasn't so sure about that. He looked so tired. I caved in and rang the nursery and they said he was playing really happily.

I am going to have some 'me' time now, and Wimbledon!

No comments: