Wednesday 17 June 2009

Little bear has a cold

It is official. Little bear has a cold. I am embarrassed to admit, but little bear was looking so washed out and his cough was seeming to get a little worse (it wasn't even a very big cough) that I took him to the drs.

Honestly, if you had seen him, all pale with big eyes looking like a little ghost, you would have thought he was suffering. No, he has a viral cold.

The dr was absolutely brilliant. He tried to coax little bear to open his mouth to see if his throat was sore. Little bear was not co-operating, thank you so much. But little bear graciously permitted the dr to examine his ears and listen to his chest. The dr was lovely, letting little bear see the stethescope and listen to his own heart - I wish you could have seen the gorgeous smile of wonder on his face as he heard the noise.

It was a viral cold, he will be better in no time. I felt so embarrassed wasting the dr's time but he was very kind about it. Of course, now I am green nosed, coughing and with a sore throat. Dear heart also has the sore throat. I feel absolutely dreadful, but reassured that it is a viral cold.

3 comments:

AnGem said...

I look after my 2 grandsons, both under the age of 3. Constant colds and sore throats. I also have a sore throat and a bit of a cold. Children just love to pass around their germs.
I too used to go to the doctor with my first child, the 2nd one hardly ever got taken. I`m sure its fairly normal for a mum to take her first born with just about everything as you are always scared you may have missed something and then never forgive yourself. You just cant win. Apparently for every cold a child gets it helps their immune system, so maybe something good out of it. Wait till he starts school (constant colds yuck)Just wanted to let you know I think you are doing just fine. I`m sure the doctor would rather have you than a mum who ignored a sick child

Anne

J's Mummy said...

Hope you all feel better soon. At least you know LB'c chest is clear

Wannabe Sybil said...

Bless you both - I felt such a fraud. But the dr was very good, and he humoured me. lol

Little bear is merely tired out of his mind today. Thank goodness the nose is a little less green!

love WS