Sunday 28 June 2009

Stopping the Shopping 5

I have been making up little bear's curtains. This is less arduous than it sounds - bung is used a lot. Bung the heading tape on at the same time as you turn over the material at the top. Backstitch by hand while watching TV. Bung on a double hem - I can't bring myself to use backstitch which may withstand little bear. It is hem stitched, but it takes no time - less time than backstitch but I also feel that it is the proper way to do it. The selvedge of the material acts as the side seam.

I am just finishing off the first curtain. I am not doing the 'hang it first then put up the hem so that they match and fit perfectly. I just want something to block the light. But I can't find the rest of the heading tape. And the brutal truth is that I won't be able to find it without a deep clean of the study. Which won't happen soon.

So realistically I need to buy some more. But from where? My normal first port of call is ebay but I only have 12 days to go before I can get my wool. I would be devastated if I had to start again. I can't think of any shop that would be open on a Sunday to get some. Darn. In fact the only place I know that might sell the dratted stuff within miles isn't open on a Sunday.

Well, I had a look on the Abakhan website - the curtain heading was very inexpensive, but the postage was £4.99 to send 64p of heading tape. I had to take a few deep breaths. I shall continue my research.

No comments: