Friday 26 June 2009

Feet of fury again

When I first started this blog I wrote about little bear and his feet of fury. He did not approve of sleep suits without feet. They were not right - sort it out mother! Well, he is two and a half and a strapping lad, and in this weather pyjamas are so much more suitable. So today we went to Matalan. I explained that these were pyjamas and that he was going to wear them instead of sleep suits and they were for Big Boys. They only had shortie pyjamas, which looked absolutely adorable.

I am not sure about little bear's temperature control. He was trying to put on a sweater this morning, he is refusing to part with his wellies and this afternoon he put an extra t shirt on over his t shirt as I think he misses his vest. It is extremely warm here, and his is the warmest room in the house.

Tonight I put on the shortie pyjamas. Little bear was not happy. He did not want these horrible things. He wanted his sleep suit. He was quite adamant - little bears wear sleepsuits, sort it out mother! In vain I tried to point out that the pyjamas were lovely, that Big Boys wore them, that he was too big for sleepsuits. He wanted his sleepsuit. He even dragged a sleepsuit out of the wash basket and presented it to me with vehemence. Poor little mite, tears were rolling down his face and he was looking at me with desperate bewilderment.

Dear heart abandoned the attempt to read him a story as little bear sobbed and tried to pull his shortie pyjamas down. Eventually he went to bed in sorrow after I had sung to him. He was not a happy little bear.

I think bedtimes could be a little fraught for a while.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I thought of you today as I accompanied a school trip to a local bird of prey centre and there was a beautiful barn owl called Sybil!

The children did some observational drawings of the birds and she was one of the owls brought out for them to draw - she sat on her perch and was much admired - and she was the only one which the children could all identify.

Hugs
Morgan
x

Wannabe Sybil said...

That is lovely - an owl with the same name. It sounds wonderful. I love owls. They seem to have such composure and barn owls look so perfectly groomed. It sounds a wonderful trip for the children.

Love WS