Monday 18 April 2011

Another bitter buy

It isn't quite the same league as the Dyson, but yesterday I popped into Matalan and bought two containers for cereal, as darling father likes sugar puffs, I like to occasionally have the curiously cinnamon cereal and little bear likes both of those, or cheerios, or weetabix, or whatever else occurs to him. I bought two containers and they cost £6 each (another item that has soared in price). They appear remarkably air tight.

However what stroke of genius designed a cereal container, tall, slim and smaller at the bottom than the top? I couldn't keep the dratted things upright. They are currently stored upside down as that is the only way I can stop them toppling at the hint of a draft.

I am going to have a think about this. I need to get some decent containers as a sanity saving measure. However I may look for eg spaghetti jars or similar.

2 comments:

Witch Hazel said...

Lock & Lock cereal dispensers perhaps? Not cheap, but a good investment.

ravylesley said...

Sybs if you've still got the receipt I'd take the cereal containers back and tell them they arent fit for purpose and you should get a refund or at the very least a credit note.Morrisons have a cheaper but equally good version of Lock&Lock.I have loads of them and if they will withstand the onslaught of my tinies they will survive anything lol.Oh by the way if you are shy like me about returning anything just send your OH in as thats what I do lol xx