Thursday 21 April 2011

Darling uncle has been taken ill and is now in a hospital a hundred miles away. No-one is exactly sure what it is. A lot of his sins are finding him out, he has been in a bad place in many ways for the last few years and many people could make a case for him being vulnerable or need support living on his own. Mind you, he is lovely but extremely stubborn. If he had been in Canute's place commanding the waves to go back it would have been the ocean giving up first.

I am falling to bits about it all. But we still went to IKEA and got the wardrobe, and little bear was the child from hell. I got a few updates while there. Little bear is now asleep on the sofa - so I don't know how much sleep I will get tonight.

Over the next few days there may be jokey posts and there may be stressed ones or there may be a lull. I just wish I knew what was happening. I also am not able to help much, and darling uncle was marvellous to me when I was growing up.

4 comments:

ravylesley said...

Three years ago both myself and my lovely brother were both told we were suffering from Cancer,mine was Cervical his was Testicular.Both of us suffered chemo and surgery and we talked to each other about it encouraging and reassuring ourselves about our survival as often as we could.Unfortunately I was in Burnley and he was in Exeter so there was no chance of us actually meeting as neither of us could handle the journey.But that didnt matter we were there for each other and that was all that mattered.Unfortunately my brother contracted pneumonia as a result of being immunosuppressed from the Chemo and I got a phonecall one morning to tell me that there was no hope and that it was just a matter of time.I arranged for a priest to be by his side and give him his last rites and when the phonecall came that it was over I was devastated but I knew that I had done all I could and that my brother knew that and even though we were hundred miles apart we'd been there for each other.So the point I'm trying to make is you dont have to be physically there for someone to know how much you care for them you just have to be creative about it xxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

That has really, really helped. It has been a wonderful hug. Thank you. WS x

knittynutty said...

Oh Dear, please keep the faith Sybil, it's simply awful to be far away from dear family members at the best of times never mind when times are hard.
take care, i will be thinking of you xx

lorna said...

Dear Sybil - so sorry to read that your Uncle is in hospital. Thinking of you all - I may not know you personally, but you are still a friend to me. Please take care of yourself. With Kindest Thoughts
Lorna