Monday 25 April 2011

Mortified again

I didn't go with little bear and OH to my sister in law's house. My joints could not manage the steps they have. So little bear and OH trotted off to get his Easter Egg.

Except it wasn't just an Easter Egg. It was a Thomas breakfast set and Easter Egg, and some sweeties, and a dvd. And then he helped her go through her cupboards and added a few more bags of sweeties and a game which she happily gave him. And then - dear heaven - he asked whether they should just check upstairs!

I wish I could give examples of all his outright defiance for the last few days. I may well think of a few later. But he has been outrageous. Anything I have been saying to him seems to have just bounced off. I have got to find a way of getting him to actually hear me, or he could end up hurt. Yesterday it was the laptop lock cable he was swinging around. The conversation from my end went something like, 'Put that down please. Put that down please. Put that down please. Serves you right.' He wasn't really hurt, like I was terrified that he would be, but it was a nightmare trying to get the cable from him. Then he turned round as I was trying to get him dressed and announced, 'Abracadabra, mummy disappear!' I was unimpressed and said, 'I'm still here, now get your pyjama top off.' but then had to work through the 'I don't want you, mummy' before he was happily giggling away again five minutes later.

Then he announced that all the boys from nursery could come to his house to play (could they, now?) but no girls, except N. Little bear likes N because she gives him hugs.

I have to find a way to get through to him.

No comments: