Saturday 9 April 2011

Another milestone

Little bear went to play in lbf's house today. It felt such a big step. I have always been responsible for little bear unless he was at nursery. It is a big part of growing up, and I was worried in equal measure that little bear would be safe and recognise hazards in someone else's home and that he would behave himself.

So I let him go off and play. I think the lady of the house does a great job in the circumstances, and the gentleman of the house is actually pretty good and I often see him playing with the kids. Later on they all piled into little bear's room. That was interesting to hear on the baby monitor! And the lbf, little bear and the grandson from next door were fine. They had a great time.

Actually I think he is fine there, and I really don't have any reservations. Except of letting everyone into my messy house! And I guess this is the shape of things until around October.

And as a footnote, in order for poor OH to have a chance to do his work, I chased them out around 1.30pm. Little bear had a hissy fit, then slept for three hours. I think he has something like a cold.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I think these milestones test us as mothers as much as they do the children! Well done.

Ian said...

What Morgan said. Especially given how nervous you were when LB was out of your sight the other week.