Tuesday 19 April 2011

Money and shopping

Cereal containers - I haven't got the dratted receipt and unfortunately it was one of the few people at Matalan that don't know me who sold me them. I shall find a purpose for them, and they are currently efficient, upside down. They are Matalan's purple version of Lock n Lock, and I think that eventually, in the fullness of time, when the moment is right and the stars are in their courses I will get some proper Lock n Lock cereal boxes. I have a couple already, and the weetabix one is brilliant. Also it is taller than the Matalan cereal boxes, slim but far more stable and lovely and sturdy. The Matalan boxes are also not big enough to take a full box of sugar puffs, which seems a bit off.

Mind you, I go to IKEA tomorrow. And I am sure that they have a version of cereal containers there. And IKEA are often reliable. Their furniture has worn well here.

And I think I will go for the monetise option, to allow adverts. Not particularly because I expect to make money, and nobody needs to click on anything they don't want to. I always felt a bit uncomfortable about adding adverts, though I have never had a problem with others having them. But after typing the above section, with all the stuff about different brands and stores, I can't wait to see what adverts get put where. I mean, Lakeland would be an obvious one and gets plenty of praise from me (and I wish I got a retainer), and my friend ebay, but can you imagine a grumbling one about Matalan, framed by adverts for the place?

1 comment:

ravylesley said...

I must be one of the only people in this country that has never stepped over the threshold of an Ikea store or even browsed their website.I've heard such horror stories about their checkouts that I've always given it a wide berth and its nearly a 2hr drive for me to get to my nearest store and that puts me off as well especially with petrol prices being as stratospherically high as they are