Sunday 3 April 2011

Evil cat is feeling better

Evil cat fought the catnip toy all night. It is high grade, organic, borderline toxic to humans stuff, the skunk of catnip. She also had the munchies.

Lesley - We will have to get a furry bundle to replace evil cat due to the rampant mouse situation. If you don't have a cat in these houses you get mice. We have (reluctantly) discussed this, and decided that when evil cat goes to meet her maker we will adopt another rescue then. All our cats have been rescues. Evil cat has never been one to play nicely and only her position as youngest saved her from psycho cat and malevolent cat. She has tried squaring up to the local cats, who have sniggered and walked off. Thank goodness. Evil cat has never got the hang of surrender, or live to fight another day. Not being able to put a newcomer in it's miserable place would be hard on the old girl.

The other factor is little bear. If we got a kitten evil cat could well be okay, as older cats tend to allow kittens leeway and by the time the kittens are a bit older there is usually some sort of truce. However a kitten and a four year old aren't necessarily a good combination. I am quite strict about little bear being nice to animals, but there would need to be a few years before we got a kitten for little bear. To be honest I would prefer to adopt a slightly older cat. We are going to also have to consider a kitten dashing under darling father's feet and he can be a bit shaky sometimes.

Little bear was stroking evil cat nicely earlier, saying that he wanted to get rid of her and get a dog. Poor old evil cat. Mind you, she nailed him good and proper later when she thought he was going for her catnip toy. Nobody touches her stash.

Another thought - when we get another cat we will have had malevolent cat, psycho cat and evil cat and they were all well named. I don't think we are going to end up with Fluffy.

2 comments:

Witch Hazel said...

hi Sybil
Where did you get this high-grade catnip toy? My cats love the catnip growing in the garden, but don't seem to think much of catnip filled toys.
Hazel

Wannabe Sybil said...

The only place I have been able to get these is my vets.

http://www.merialvetsite.com/sites/towerwoodvets/home.html

They are organic catnip, and seriously strong stuff - I get them for my friend sometimes and her catnip addicts zonk straight away! They are around £3, but they go for ages, they are nearly pure nip. I've not seen them anywhere else, not even on my friend.

My vets have sold me one over the phone in the past, but I don't know if that is because I am a customer. Also, toy now in no fit state to photo - evil cat has enjoyed it thoroughly! WS x