Tuesday 26 April 2011

Having children affects the words you use

The receptionist at the vets sounded a bit bemused when I told her that the cat had done a poo. But if you are still locked in a battle of wills with a four year old who has Views, that is the word you use.

Evil cat has done a poo on the blanket on the chair. This is the first time since we got her on 30 August 1994 that she has done any soiling whatsoever. With all other things considered, I have booked her in the vet - again. I had heard her crying, and thought she would just be sick - again. She is very good at being sick, there has been cat vomit in all possible locations, but never any soiling. Now I am not sure what to think. Poor old girl.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Receptionists! That would have been the phrase I would have used too, and I don't have LB!

I'm sorry to hear Evil Cat is not herself at the moment, even worse than usual, so to speak. Let us know how you get on at the vet....

Hugs.

Witch Hazel said...

Poor cat, I bet it was just as distressing for her as for you.

I would imagine she was either having trouble passing poo, or she may be a bit too stiff to be able to get out in time. If constipation is the problem, then a product called Katalax (I'm not sure of the spelling, we call it Kitty-Licks in our house) is really helpful. It's a sort of paste which you need to get her to swallow - we just used to smear it on our elderly cat's teeth as that was the closes we could get. It's very sticky, so as long as some goes in their mouth, it'll end up in the right place.
Good luck
Hazel