Friday 22 April 2011

IKEA

IKEA is a dangerous place. They work very hard to make it easy for you to spend money. And the things there are good value and well designed.

Anyone considering going to IKEA should only take cash they can afford to spend. Also a little bit extra. They do throws in sky blue fleece for £1.01 at time of typing, 130 cm x 150 cm. Cushions are only a pound or two. They have really nice lamps for very small amounts of money. The kiddy furniture is great and I noticed some lovely fleece blankets - that I didn't need! But they had a sort of blue toile pattern, and I am a sucker for that, though they aren't on the website.

The stores have more than the internet shows. However, it is really worth looking at some of the stuff for the kitchen as it is really good. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/cooking/15937/ gives you a taster, but there are loads more in store. I saw some ideal containers for cereal - briefly.

You see, little bear was tired before we got to the store. He wasn't too bad as we ate, though obviously ready for mischief. Then as we tried to sort out darling father with a wardrobe he would not stay with us, he wanted to run round like a lunatic and hide in wardrobes. Meanwhile I was getting an update on darling uncle's condition so I had two conversations, one concerned with darling brother and one hissed and furious and little bear. We then marched him through IKEA in a desperate attempt to get him home before he completely collapsed. I glanced briefly and wistfully at the textiles and kitchen stuff as I strode through the store with a complaining little bear and then had the same hissed fury/concerned conversation as I tried to update my other darling brother while little bear had fun on the playground.

I will also like to point out that the meatballs in IKEA are very savoury and tasty and the highlight of OH's visit. We had some when we visited but it was a reduced menu and on paper plates as there was a problem with the dishwasher. They sell dishwashers.

Also, IKEA philosophy is shown v clearly in their restaurant. The meatballs are gorgeous, you can buy them in a frozen packet in the food shop at the end of the shop, in fact you can buy most of the speciality food in the shop at the end of the store, like the lingon berry jam etc, and all the Swedish speciality foods that are showcased in the restaurant. There are lots of different tables and chairs in the restaurant, all of which you can purchase. You can purchase cutlery as used in the restaurant, plus the plates, mugs, glasses etc. The highchairs for the little ones are not only well designed, but if you like using them while you eat you can, of course, purchase them at the store.

I didn't spend anything.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I now have a hankering to visit an IKEA store after your descriptions of everything that sounds so lovely!

Too far away, though, so I won't but I am going to browse the internet site and look!!