Thursday 14 April 2011

Mortified again

Where do I start..

Little bear got up at 6am, came downstairs, curled up on the armchair and slept for another hour. Then he and I were lolling around in our jammies when there was a knock on the door. It was the man to change over the gas meter!

I must have looked a fright - a larger lady, in her nightie, peeking cautiously round the snuggle rug I was holding up as protection (expecting the postie who is used to me) and I hadn't even put a brush through my hair. So I was mortified that I had forgotten the day and been caught out.

So I asked him to wait in his van while I got dressed (the shame!) and then I had to move the stuff in front of the gas meter cupboard. You know all the towels and bedding and stuff that I need to sort out? Mixed with a ton of ironing, an airer and a stash of cookbooks, that is now in a tumbled heap at the far side of the 'dining' room, all jumbled from when I frantically burrowed to get to the cupboard, while he once again waited in his van (the shame again!)

And I can't find the fancy new shower curtain that I might as well put up once I've got the shower curtain rail fixed.

This should be a massive incentive to clutterbust, but I have to go as little bear is definitely not a happy bunny and I have spent the rest of the mortified day cuddling him. It feels like I am cuddling amidst wreckage.

No comments: