Wednesday 6 April 2011

Shopping

We went to IKEA today.

We need a wardrobe for darling father, it is quite urgent as it will really make a difference to him being able to hang up his clothes. However the one we wanted was out of stock and we will have to go back next week.

So we spent out on dinner (meatballs!) and some goodies from the shop (dime bars!)and... nothing else.

I went round the kitchen section and thought of all the stuff my shelves are still groaning with. I looked at all the lovely textiles and knew that I needed none. I didn't hanker after the storage (I need less stuff, not more storage) and as little bear was getting more and more tired we hustled past the scented candles. So nothing.

It feels very odd.

5 comments:

Ian said...

How on earth did you manage to come back from IKEA with nothing? At all? Even when I'm just trundling round wanting nothing I usually end up spending £30 on stuff!

ravylesley said...

Being a compulsive hoarder myself I seldom come out of any shop without buying anything so I applaud your self control xx

Morgan said...

Me too - there would have been Something I Needed!!

Wannabe Sybil said...

I had a HUGE advantage - trying to keep an eye on little bear! You can't gloat over the goodies while you do that! Also my main weaknesses, textiles and kitchen stuff, are currently in piles all over the house where I trip over them - it helped. WS x Also, was hard sometimes.

The mum of all trades said...

thats truly amazing. i thought it was against the law to leave ikea without a bag of tealights