Monday 11 April 2011

Things that go bump in the night

I have lived with cats since 1990. Actually I have been owned by cats since 1990 = let's not beat about the bush. So if something goes 'bump' my first thought is cat. Or if it comes from the direction of the baby monitor 'little bear'. In fact, I have woken up as I was going up the stairs due to a 'bump' from the baby monitor.

A few days ago I was sharing a cup of gossip and I heard that lbf's mum had been burgled, she had left the door open for her partner coming in and someone had just walked in, picked up her handbag and walked out. So when I heard the sound of what sounded like a cupboard door shutting my first thought wasn't 'has little bear sneaked past me' or 'has evil cat tunneled into the tuna cupboard. My instinct was - have I locked the kitchen door?

I just froze. I was half asleep, so any logic was suspended. I listened intently. Not a sound. I switched the table light on with as much noise as I could muster. Still no sound. Finally a grumpy looking evil cat strolled upstairs and into the living room. So I went back to sleep.

Doors are double checked at the moment.

No comments: