Tuesday 12 April 2011

Never try your own supply

I was browsing the Metaphysical section on ebay (my friend) in pursuit of some background ideas for the next installment of the Forgotten Village. Unrelated to that, I saw an advert for Datura, which I thought was very dangerous. So I clicked on the posting.

The text contained six BIG errors in grammar and spelling in two short sentences. I was tempted to copy and paste, but I would hate to be cruel or embarrass anyone by posting it up. But it was awful. The listing did describe Datura as toxic, which is good. However the listing looked like someone had put it together under the influence of something. I don't know whether it would be datura and to be quite honest I don't want to find out.

The trouble with me is that, although I would hate to hurt anyone's feelings, and I know that there are a lot of sincere Pagans and Wiccans out there (some of whom read this blog, and I will happily wish them happy Beltane in a few weeks), but there is some real comedy in the listings, if you rummage, and my mind starts working overtime, and I just imagine too, too much. Not a lot of it is complimentary and quite a lot of it is to do with my cynical view of human nature.

No comments: