Monday 18 April 2011

Operation Clutterbust - a bitter step

A Dyson has gone to the tip. It is a sore point with me.

First of all, I didn't want a heavy upright. It has always been too heavy for me, but OH insisted that we got this particular model because he was going to do the vacuuming and a small one would hurt his back. He has never vacuumed since. I have always struggled with it, and it has become a real niggle - if I had got the one I wanted... etc.

A few weeks ago I considered how often we used it especially now that we have a light weight one that I got for a quarter of the price of the Dyson. The Lakeland one is not as efficient as the Dyson, but I can actually use it. So I wanted rid of it. I checked with OH. He agreed, but the sooner we were rid the better.

We have been tripping over it on the landing for some time now.

Darling father asked at the Methodists if they could use it. They sat on their hands for a fortnight. I can never work out how to use freecycle and I am nervous about people coming to the house. Most charities can't take electrical goods. I didn't know anyone who needed it, so as OH lost patience a perfectly good Dyson went to the tip.

So something that is very good but I didn't want, but ended up spending a lot of money on, and then couldn't use regularly, although in perfectly good working order, went to the tip. It is all so, so wrong.

Big Note To Self - buy the right thing in the first place.

No comments: