Saturday 2 April 2011

Still stressed

Last night little bear was exhausted and the bedtime routine was relatively straightforward. He did, however, exclaim, 'I'm getting fed up of this.' while I was singing his songs. He wanted the same songs, and he definitely did want the songs, but he wanted them sung quicker. Johnny Todd was sung at double jig time and the ballad of Molly Malone speeded up. It didn't help when I was singing, 'she wheels her wheel barrow, through streets broad and narrow, crying cockles and mussels...' and OH muttered 'she goes like a rocket, with squid in her pocket...' I had a bad case of the giggles.

However little bear came stomping downstairs at 5.30am demanding cake, which he was not getting! He has been a monster demanding treats (not getting) and then he hit me. It is so unheard of for him to do this. It was a punch straight to my chest with aggression, not a flail. So he is not going to the vet with evil cat and OH now, as a punishment. He seems to be a walking tantrum.

I am going to find the reins to carry with me, at least, as little bear knows when I say something I mean it. And if I have to I will use them. The road is extremely busy and has plenty of lorries and vans as well as cars and I daren't risk him out of my sight behind the houses, there are too many things that could happen, despite there being a lot of very nice people there.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

I have to admit I giggled out loud when I read OH's comment so you must have been in stitches being there in person lol xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I daren't put some of his other memorable quotes, as youngsters could be reading, but it is not an isolated incident. I run to keep up sometimes. WS x