Tuesday 5 April 2011

Battling on

Another battle this morning. Little bear has nursery on a Tuesday morning now, and OH usually takes him in his car. This morning little bear was complaining he didn't want to go in the car, it wasn't nice any more. He wanted to go on his scooter.

Two things made me challenge this. On one hand I know it is a bit of an extra time with OH. On the other hand rain is forecast and I don't fancy the scoot through the rain on the way home. So I told him that it was either walk or go in the car.

Hallelujah! Little bear didn't challenge the lack of scooter. He just thought for a moment - and decided to go by car!

I can keep going, and I don't believe it is him innately bad. He can still be just as loving and gentle. Of course, being an only child with a mum, dad and grandad all focused on him doesn't help, but I am not letting him get away with murder. I just need to keep my eye on the ball.

No comments: