Saturday 9 April 2011

Not bees again

Bees are in the chimney. It is probably the same bees that have overwintered, being able to due to the heat from the chimney carrying the fumes from the gas fire.

It adds to my frustration over the stove, as I don't want the bees to suffer. They do such an important job and were no trouble at all last year.

Mind you, as OH has finally agreed that we can replace the two downstairs rooms floor coverings - though with carpet and not laminate - and the carpet in the living room could be used as compost, I think that will need to be dealt with first. So I need to try and find the several hundred pounds for that. The rooms are both a good size, they flow from one another and as such it makes sense to carpet them in the same stuff. The carpets have been down since before we moved in, 1994. I don't think that they were that new then. But by the time you add up cheap carpet, decent underlay and professional fitting, you reach a significant amount.

Maybe I can get the stove next year.

No comments: