Thursday 1 December 2011

Another School Newsletter

It hasn't actually asked for money, so that's okay.

It has lots of songs for us to practice along with our little ones. I shall have to go on Youtube and hope that the version there is the same as the version at school, because the only one I recognised was 'When Santa Got Stuck up a Chimney'.

They reminded us about the children's Christmas Party. They are putting up a list for us sign up to bring in pre packed, or non-home made stuff. That took me a little by surprise, but I am glad I don't have to make home made. My fairy cakes do not stand up to scrutiny. And we can bring the party clothes in for them and hang them on their peg in the cloak room in a carrier bag. Forty plus kids all changing into variations on a theme of party wear and scattering uniform around - marvellous!

There was also a note about little bear and his part in the 'Christmas Play'. He is playing 'a child' and has to wear pyjamas, so his costume is not provided. 'We could just nip out and get some from Matalan' his teacher said dismissively. 'But we are sure you have snazzier ones.'

All little bear's pyjamas come from Matalan.

Actually I would recommend Matalan to anyone who has little ones. The clothes for kids are generously sized, decently made for the price, wash and wash and wash and are generally great. I am seriously thinking of only ever going their for his stuff, it is brilliant. Except, obviously, for pyjamas for the Christmas Play. I am going to have to brave the infernal torment that is Marks and Spencer in the run up to Christmas to get little bear some pyjamas that will not necessarily be that much better than Matalan. But they are middle class pyjamas.

It was my own fault. I over spent on the raffle. I thought lots of parents would be splashing out a bit for the raffle, with it being their little ones etc. I realised too late that I was the biggest spender by far. I think I may have marked my card the wrong way.

No comments: