Wednesday 21 December 2011

Little bear is cross

I failed, completely failed.

Little bear is furious - I will only let him have fruit as a snack, which he suddenly doesn't like. He wants something to eat, but not fruit because HE DOESN'T LIKE IT. I am holding out for the next forty five minutes until tea time and refusing to give in with offers of yogurt, jelly etc. He is aiming to eat his bodyweight in sugar. He has just finished a too generous portion of marshmallows (I misjudged it) that he blagged me into. He is making massive inroads into the sugar mountain that sister in law gave him - and just because she is generous does not mean that I should be fighting the sugar rush, so I am rationing that. Also Christmas goodies will soon be upon us.

Eventually he stood next to me and just shouted 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!' It was like a cartoon or comic strip, a little child with a voice several times the size of a car protesting at the injustice of the world and the lack of sweets. That is when I failed. I just couldn't keep a straight face, I just started to laugh. It never helps.

Anyway, I have given in and he has just taken possession of a very small portion of raisins.

2 comments:

lorna said...

Just wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Thank you for all the joy you bring in your Blog. The sugar rush has started here aswell! I am sure the Christmas Spirit will be along shortly - I think us mums feel more guilt at Christmas because we are the ones who make it all come together. I look at the stockings and panic that I shave not bought enough.
Take great care of yourselves.
With Kindest Seasons Greetings.
Lorna

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you for your lovely comment! I hope you have a brilliant Christmas, and a merry New Year. WS x