Thursday 15 December 2011

Little bear and Christmas cards

Many years ago Christmas cards were invented solely to send to people who you would not see on the day to say 'Happy Christmas' to, specifically close family and friends. It has sort of grown since then, having started this afternoon on round two of the family cards, and I am pretty stingy about who I send cards to, I wish it hadn't become so widespread. However I would be devastated if I missed someone who was upset by being missed (if you see what I mean).

Little bear had written his card to his friend, and sealed it before I could proof read, and was looking bored, so I asked if he wanted to go to the shop to get a card for Daddy and Grandad. Little bear refused point blank.

I did ask him about it, as I thought that both darling father and OH would be devastated if they didn't get cards. But little bear was adamant. He would see them on the day and say 'Happy Christmas' then. That was that.

Actually, given the amount of energy and resources that go into making and printing and distributing the cards that are just as likely to end in land fill as the recycling bin, I sort of approve.

No comments: