Thursday 15 December 2011

A Mother's Dilemma

Little bear has had a Christmas card in the post, addressed just to him, from his 'girlfriend' (aged 4). I suspect her parents have had the same baffled response as us. We met at the little girl's birthday party, and they seemed as confused as us. Little bear still misses his friend and he talks about her a lot.

I will, of course, be sending a card back. And I will try and arrange a play date after Christmas. But I don't want to get too silly over it. Though they seem to like being friends, and it would be a shame if they didn't get to meet up regularly to play. She seems as keen as little bear. But they are four years old. They seem both fixed on the idea of being boyfriend and girlfriend. I don't know where they got that idea from!

My dilemma is, should I include a photo of little bear? I probably will. I don't expect it will be remembered and it will probably end up at the bottom of a toy box or something - which is entirely appropriate and fine. And I will try and keep viewing it as if it was a little boy that little bear really got on well with and wanted to play with.

Definitely too soon to start choosing hats.

No comments: