Thursday 8 December 2011

Little bear continues

Lesley - I am not sure it is the vomiting virus. If it was, then that would be sort of more or less okay because he would be unlikely to get it again this winter. However I suspect an over indulgence in prawn crackers may be the actual cause. Although he has just been sick again about an hour ago, so the virus is looking a good chance. Sigh.

I can expect the lurgies and bugs to die down in a few years. Until then, I am keeping in the stock of calpol, children's Kaolin etc. Actually, I don't need that much calpol. Whenever I take little bear to the doctor he is always running a shocking temperature, just an idiosyncrasy of little bear's metabolism. So the doctor always insists that he has both children's paracetamol and ibuprofen - and prescribes both in large quantities so that I get them free. However the temperature soon goes down and another bottle of jollop gets thrown in the cupboard with less than a quarter gone and then forgotten.

I hate it when little bear gets poorly, but we do get good cuddles out of it.

Little bear is currently lounging like a Roman Emperor on the settee, watching Mr Bean cartoons and holding on to his newly cleaned Ratatouille with a death grip. I have lined up a jammy dodger (thanks, Dr Who) to try his tummy with, and we will see how it goes.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Mashed bananas always worked a treat for me when I had a dicky tummy.