Friday 2 December 2011

Re-Reading the School Newsletter

It doesn't actually ask for money (apart from the first paragraph mentioning that the raffle tickets now are on sale)...

However I will be buying an expensive pair of pyjamas (That probably won't be as good as the Matalan ones I usually get), and I need to provide items for the hamper and the school party and possibly I may need to get 'party clothes' for little bear. Much as I love him, he is short of party clothes as the parties he goes to are soft play and I would be technically insane to send him in anything like fancy. He may just get provided with his nicest jeans and top. Or I may do what I did last time this came up and fall in love with a groovy outfit from Matalan (they have some gorgeous sets for boys, with waistcoats and everything).

Regardless, all the cost of party food and hamper items are added to the asks amount.

As for the hamper item - what on earth do I get? I know lots of parents won't bother, but I want little bear to look good(ish) in front of the teachers so I want to send something in. Nothing I have from Approved Food is still in date, though of course it is fine. I am not sure how many that go to the classroom will use a jar of mincemeat (I wouldn't, I loathe the stuff). I refuse to buy alcohol, though there is some extremely inexpensive wine from the lovely newsagents that is a tempting thought. The £2.99 stuff actually tastes really nice, but it is low alcohol, only 8% proof. The hot chocolate toddies that darling father keeps bringing home from Marks and Spencer are stronger than that. I think a small packet of shortbread will be appropriate - from Marks and Spencer. Which I can pick up when I go and get the dratted pyjamas.

No comments: