Monday 19 December 2011

Little bear sees a play

On Saturday we went to see Jack and the Beanstalk at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. It isn't a traditional pantomime ('Oh, yes it is!', 'Oh, no it isn't!') but it is incredibly funny. The music was wonderful, the set was interesting and watching little bear's face light up with the magic of it all was a marvellous thing.

Little bear was accompanied by myself, OH, darling father and sister in law - one child, four adults. My sister in law was prepared. She had come prepared and had a bag which contained an inexhaustible supply of sugar based treats. Little bear thought it was wonderful - and he had two programmes to play with and colour in, and a mask, and a pencil, and jumping beans... He was bouncing off the ceiling by the end of the afternoon.

I really would recommend it, it was so much fun, where the chickens were the heroes of the story but Jack did get his girl in the end. I recommend that limited amounts of sugar are taken for the children. I also strongly recommend the cafe at the West Yorkshire Playhouse - it was very pleasant.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

I love pantomime season our local one this year was Dick Whittington at King Georges Hall,Blackburn and have to admit it was very good.All four of the tinies loved it and even the adults thoroughly enjoyed themselves

I'm glad LB had a good time as these are the memories that he will cherish for the rest of his life and rightly so

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Lesley - I think you are absolutely right. This is his chance to have those magical memories. And for me, the look on his face at the scary bits, the funny bits, the magical bits - that is something I will always cherish. I'm glad your tinies loved it, and not surprised that the adults did as well. It is a marvellous experience! WS x