Monday 5 December 2011

School Calendar

We have the opportunity to purchase (sigh) a school calendar for the trivial amount of £3.50.

On the one hand we have a Dr Who calendar poised to be hung on the wall and annotated. I have heard that the last school one was not the best quality. And I am getting fed up of paying out. We are already over £100 for the first term there. I could have scaled it back, but I have just also signed up to provide the paper cups for the school party (and getting rid of 50 Asda Smartprice inconveniently opaque plastic tumblers as I need clear to do stripey jellies). This is on top of the wine for the hamper, the raffle tickets for the hamper, the ticket for the Christmas Play, the donation at the Carol Service, the 'voluntary' contribution for the trip to see Jack and the Beanstalk...

On the other hand, I have this sneaking suspicion that it may be better for little bear if he is known as one whose parents will always turn up and stump up. And it is only £3.50...

I just don't know what to do. However my instinctive reaction is to not bother. I am sick of paying out.

I'd ask darling father's opinion, but he has just 'popped out to buy Christmas Presents' with a definite sparkle in his eye, so he is up to something anyway and unavailable for comment.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

You've won an award - come over to my blog and collect it!!