Wednesday 21 December 2011

I don't beelieve it

No, it's not a spelling mistake in the title, it's a pun. Because while I was sorting out dinner I was dive bombed by a bee whizzing round the kitchen. A bee. In December. When they should all be living off their honey. I have no idea how it actually got there - it doesn't look anything like a queen, so I don't think it was hibernating in my kitchen.

I am absolutely baffled. And I was completely scared. I am not very good with bees, even though I know it is irrational. My late mother was allergic to bee stings but I am not. If you had seen me edging past a very small and quite harmless insect as if it was the main feature in a horror movie you would have sniggered.

I have never been so glad when OH came home, he was a knight in shining armour and he dealt with the tiny, inoffensive insect. The poor thing was squashed because where would it go? I know we are having a warm spell, but flowers are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. I also would like to know if it had somehow trekked all the way down from the chimney above the attic to the kitchen in the cellar.

Little bear told me that the bee had gone to the kitchen because of all the flour (flower) and OH made a joke about self raising gladioli. I am just baffled.

1 comment:

lorna said...

Snap! Kind of anyway. I stepped on a huge wasp today - luckily with a very large boot on my foot. Lorna x