Tuesday 27 December 2011

Sounds off

I was watching a recording of Tony Robinson's Gods and Monsters (recommended, and I shall loot for ideas and have already looked up some actual research prompted by it for the next installment of the Forgotten Village). It is a scary programme and I was watching a re-enactment of a sixteenth century exorcism...

...when the new remote control dinosaur little bear got today went off in the bag. I thought I was going to lay an egg!

Little bear visited my elder brother and came away with the spoils, which included the remote controlled dinosaur, chocolates, a sonic screwdriver and a colouring set. He also came away with a hefty dose of exhausted after a long walk with their dog. Thank you! The dog was pretty tired as well. As previously mentioned, the dog eats to a professional standard, and demolished little bear's unwanted portion of onion, plus the gravy and some potato that little bear was just too full for. The dog did not get an option on the desert.

I am watching little bear carefully. He complains about tummy ache, but I am not sure how real it is. My observation is that it is a convenient tummy ache. It interferes with baked beans, but not chocolate. This week it has been evident whenever we have told him that he will have to wait until after lunch/dinner for a chocolate. He immediately becomes famine stricken, has to have something to eat (he made my brother count down the seconds practically this lunch time) when he will eat the bits he wants but his tummy hurts too much for whatever he doesn't and then he wants chocolate.

Of course, given the amount of treats he is cadging, it could well be an upset tummy but he is making sure that he doesn't go without the treats. Treats are definitely worth a tummy ache for a nearly five year old. A mum of a little boy the same age as little bear is booking him for acting lessons. I don't think little bear needs them.

No comments: