Tuesday 6 December 2011

Procrastination

Still haven't found the 'right' blogs. I lost a link ages ago of one that I loved, about a little boy a bit older than little bear. I shall keep rummaging.

Cold and PMS still making life 'fun'. A while ago I got a tray of out of date whole cloves from Approved Food for very little money. I don't use them in cooking, I simmer them in a pan on the cooker and they scent the whole house. However today the whole house was not hinting of Christmas and Pfeffernusse but burnt cloves. My nose was too blocked to realise before the small pan got encrusted with burned on spices. I can now say goodbye to the non stick lining of the only non stick pan I own. However I have only used it for simmering cloves for the past two years, and if I remember rightly it was £2.99 from Matalan, so I am not as devastated as I could have been. It's only a tiny little thing - ideal for simmering spices.

And I told darling father that I needed to lose weight, the diet starts now, the pain in my hip is worrying me and the doctor is happy to put me on diet pills if I can lose 2kg in the next month. Since then he has bought me a huge bottle of Tia Maria (which at least is low fat), a big bar of Bailey's cream centred chocolates and four of the microwavable hot chocolate and brandy drinks from Marks and Spencer. This is in two days. I am planning on keeping a running total of calorific treats in a side bar. He means well and wants to get me treats as I am so full of cold.

No comments: