Thursday 29 December 2011

Hitting the sales

Little bear doesn't need clothes, I don't need clothes (well, that's another story) and OH won't buy clothes. We don't need appliances, or plates or soft furnishings. I certainly don't need to buy any toys or books for little bear!

I also suspect that a lot of items are marked up quite a lot before Christmas so that they can legitimately advertise the item at 75% off. At the moment I think I am better off saving 100%

However one thing I did snap up in the sales - sixteen 4 metre rolls of rather nice, good quality gift wrap that can also be used for birthdays, weddings etc at £1 per roll at Matalan. I did this a few years ago, and my stock is finally running low. I am still fine for Christmas cards, however, after buying in significant quantities from Approved Food last year - they were nice cards, not too flimsy, and worked out at around 10p per card.

As soon as little bear is back at school I will be working on the gifts for next Christmas, and making lists to get stuff stocked up!

No comments: