Tuesday 6 December 2011

Thank you Morgan!!!!


I have been awarded an award!!!

First of all, I would like to thank....

The rules are as follows
  • Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
  • Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blogs.
  • Copy and paste the award onto your blog.
  • Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
  • Have fun!!
I have no problem in thanking Morgan for her nomination, and I love her blog. It is quite an inspiration to me, and it reminds me of what living in a more rural setting means. Morgan's blog is http://growing-in-the-fens.blogspot.com/ and I always enjoy it.

Now for my really, really embarrassing confession - I don't follow many blogs. I dip into them, but I am a bit selfish in that I post here (and I am incredibly flattered when people read) but I don't read others often. And the ones that I do read are ones that have already got the award, I love Silver Sewer's blog and of course Morgan's, and others that I click on a lot have more than 200 followers and it is supposed to be less than that.

So I am taking this as a great opportunity to browse blogs, find lovely ones, recommend them here - I'll edit and add them, check back for the ones that I used to like but sort of drifted off and share the award.

And it is great timing as well, as I am so full of lurgy (and self pity) I can hardly move. It is a cold, nothing more at all, but the consistent dripping nose, aching joints and awful cough mean that Operation Christmas Clean is postponed. The cough is a brilliant touch. I sound like I am on the last stage of consumption and about to die in a garret. I sound like I smoke sixty a day and suck ashtrays for a hobby. It is a slight irritation of the throat really and nowhere on my chest. However strangers look at me as I lean against a wall trying to not fall over with the cough with concern and I feel a fraud.

So thank you Morgan, first for your kind words and then again for the wonderful opportunity. And also for being a lovely, lovely friend, generous, kind and so full of interesting things. (and I am going to be asking you nicely how you do the linkys in text with just one blue word)

1 comment:

lorna said...

Sorry you are feeling so full of cold Sybil. It makes life a real up hill struggle. Well done on the blog award - you are very deserving of it.
Keep warm, drink lots and have a rest
From Lorna