Monday 26 September 2011

Getting used to school

Little bear is having no problem getting used to school, none at all, he loves it, he has friends there, he is having a marvellous time.

Me, on the other hand...

I forgot his dinner money for the second week running. I forgot that he was starting PE this week and that the kit had to be in all week. I remembered it literally ten minutes before we were due to go out (I was looking at the clock, and it may have been exactly nine minutes).

I hadn't ironed the name tapes in all of his trousers, and guess which he was wearing - of course he had no name in his trousers.

Today I spent at least fifteen minutes sorting out little bear's calendar. Can I mention that I used to be a legal secretary organising the diary of an Associate? And while temping I actually ran the diary of a senior civil servant that included meetings with junior ministers (okay, not that often, but I was booking meeting rooms in Whitehall etc). An electronic calendar holds no terrors for me, but it took me ages to work through all the dates to slot in for little bear.

I am going to have to Have A Think about how I structure my time. Because I am not working, time is passing me by and nothing is urgent and is getting forgotten. That has got to change!

No comments: