Wednesday 21 September 2011

Prioritising

I am waiting for an Asda grocery delivery.

The total is over £100 (just) and @ 70% of that is alcohol. If the neighbours noticed, I don't know what they would think.

First of all there is a good deal on the whisky that darling father likes, so we are getting three bottles. Despite darling father's efforts to convince me otherwise, I do not believe that whisky 'goes off' and will be putting an extra bottle on the list as we get towards Christmas, to keep us going.

Then there is Sister in Law. Like us, she has issues with 'stuff', and I do not want to give her something else to dust, so she gets something 40% alcohol by volume every birthday and Christmas. It does make buying easier. Also darling father wanted to get something for her, so that added another £13 on alcohol to the bill.

Once again I shall be looking like the neighbourhood wino, when actually I don't manage to drink that much. Though there are times when I consider it.

No comments: