Thursday 29 September 2011

Harvest Festival Report

Just to get it out of my system - little bear was GORGEOUS!

That's better. I sort of enjoyed it. There were the children from several schools and little bear's old nursery which makes the church a very logical place (and full!). Darling father wanted a pot of tea making just as I was going out, so I arrived very red faced and last into the church, standing anxiously at the back.

The children sounded so lovely, the talk by the lady from St Georges Crypt was very good and interesting for the children. Some of the songs were so saccharin that I wanted to go and drink vinegar as an antidote, but I just concentrated on how lovely the children sounded and it was fine.

I made sure that little bear saw me, as I know it meant a lot to him that I was there. He looked so sweet. When he is fourteen, if he reads this, he will be so cross at calling him sweet, but he was. He had to have calpol this morning, he was feeling to bad to eat breakfast, but he was fine in the church. It was also nice to see the people from the nursery.

The Head Teacher was definitely clocking who was there. Despite my best efforts she managed to speak to me, and I said how lovely the children sounded.

I am glad that I went, and I shall be turning up to all the other such occasions. Now I have to get ready and out as I am off to the big meeting for all reception parents to see how they are going to teach the children to read.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Glad you enjoyed it and it went well!

Hugs xx

Ian said...

Awww. Glad you went along and enjoyed yourself. I hope LB enjoyed it too. Harvest festival was always my favourite church event when I was a kid. It seemed so simple and meaningful.

I take your point about the possible exclusionary effect on people who follow other religions. I suppose it depends on how ecumenical things are. I read that Jewish law requires people put aside a portion of their crops to feed the poor, but I don't know about other religions.

ravylesley said...

I'm delighted that you enjoyed the service.When it comes to school events I'm afraid I am a bit of a softie as I cant bear the thought of my tinies performing and me not being there to see them so I have been known to attend every performance of their plays/concerts just so that they have someone in the audience.I cant count the amount of times I've seen other children scanning the audience for familiar faces only to find none and I cant bear that for mine so I overdo it lol

Lesleyxx