Tuesday 20 September 2011

School Uniform

Little bear did not go in to school in immaculate uniform today. I will be marked as a Bad Mother. I have managed to have colour run and stain every single one of the six white polo shirts that I got him for school, and the one that was the least bad had a tiny patch of dye still where the Glowhite Colour Run Remover (which is FANTASTIC) had not reached. It was my fault, that piece of fabric was above the liquid line. The second time I did a batch (the shame) I put a large bowl filled with water on top to hold them all down. I am now being extremely rigorous in the sorting of the washing!

But in he trots, white shirt, black trousers, green sweater, just like all the others. He had complained that his green jumpers didn't have the logo of the school on them, but I said that when he didn't grow out of things within a few months, if not weeks, then we could consider logos - which I think is reasonable. Little bear is not the only one with a mother that thinks like me, not all sweaters have logos on, although all have that air of 'new' about them.

However I was sad to see one little boy as the only one with a grey sweater and not a green one. Poor little lad, I really felt for him. I really hope that it will work out as a 'just starting school and having a crisis on the uniform washing front' and not be regular, as it will be really hard for him. And it put a shadow of a grey spot on little bear's top in a bit more perspective. It will probably be masked by the paint stains by lunchtime anyway.

No comments: