Thursday 8 September 2011

Little bear's wish list

The letterbox catalogue came today. For those who haven't seen it, there are lots of nice toys and games (and some 'nice' prices) but there were things like a jigsaw of England where the lift out pieces were the counties of England - he got that last Christmas and it was rather lost in the shuffle. As I sort through the house in his first half term, I shall be seeing what I can get out and re-introduce when I find.

I enjoy looking at things like the toy wooden castle - even if he didn't have one, we don't have the space, and the figures - HOW much for four? And I almost certainly will pick up one or two bits from it.

Unfortunately little bear has been looking at it. He already is constructing a Christmas list which would have to be delivered in a convoy of lorries. A catalogue doesn't help. He has marked the page with the dressing up costumes (HOW much?! I can't believe they can ask that! I need to learn to sew and stop being scared of my sewing machine(s)). It is going to be a long, long run up to Christmas.

2 comments:

Witch Hazel said...

THanks for this Sybil, I've been after one of those county jigsaws on and off for ages. I se ethey do one for Europe as well. And the clocks look interesting...

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hazel - have I put you in the path of temptation? Let me tempt you some more, try Hawkins Bazaar if you haven't already. I expect to spend around £50 on goodies for Christmas/little bear's birthday/quick 'token' presents/stocking fillers there. Good for the Secret Santa. Please forgive me for further temptation. WS x