Saturday 17 September 2011

Little bear was Baby Sat

While we were at the matinee of the Ballet this afternoon, little bear was staying with my Sister in Law.

I worry about taking advantage. She is so willing to look after little bear. When I rang her last night, she was quite happy and when I mentioned that we would drop him off between one and two, she was baffled - she thought he would be there for lunch. It would be too easy for me to ask her more often, and she has a life to lead. I intend to be really careful I don't take her great kindness for granted.

Little bear was a bit cagey about all he got up to. He had played with the rabbit and watched some tv, and had had a good time (he was shattered after the first week of school, so he would probably have been easy to entertain).

More evidence was found in the goody bag he brought home - a huge Ark bag, not some measly carrier from Aldi that I use. Its contents included a t-shirt, trousers, woolly hat, woolly gloves, a book, a dvd and enough sweets to stock a shop. Also, a Dr Who advent calendar.

I am really glad that little bear is so loved by his auntie, and I am glad that he loves her. However I worry that he is going to grow up thinking that he can have anything he wants. I just don't know how to start putting some breaks on before it is an x-box and laptop that he is demanding.

No comments: