Tuesday 27 September 2011

Housewifery tips

Actually, I am not really in a position to give housewifery tips, as I am not a good housewife at all. However two things I thought I would share.

If you buy a tin of eg beans with one of the ring pull tops, then store it upside down and the contents come out easier. Once upon a time you could open the bottom of the tin, but storing upside down is just as good. Also good for condensed soup, which I use a lot of.

Also, if you are soaking clothes in a bucket, a big bowl that just fits inside the bucket pressed down until it fills with the water will keep the clothes under the soaking liquid (in my case, colour run, found out after finding interesting patches on the clothes that had mainly recovered but had bumps popping out of the liquid).

If any further inspiration strikes I will share. But I have to rack my brains now, I forgot to give little bear a task for his finger yesterday. He could barely stay awake anyway, I shall think of something.

No comments: