Sunday 4 September 2011

I am probably Insane

I am borrowing money from darling uncle.

Darling uncle is incredibly generous, very kind hearted and really wants to help people out. It may sound crazy but he is happy to lend me money, don't worry about the interest and you check how much you've paid and let me know when it's paid off. So I feel a bit guilty about it.

I am borrowing for a luxury.

I thought about a few things, then I rang a local show room to ask about how much it would cost to get a stove fitted. And how much a stove would cost from them - I only want a small one to heat my living room and it isn't a big room. And I asked darling uncle if I could borrow the money from him as OH was convinced that he would be sitting in penury surrounded by sacks of coal.

I plan to use the stove in case of power shortages, heating the downstairs in particularly cold day time weather and as a place to dispose of the two newspapers that darling father brings home, plus all the other tonnes of paper rubbish that ends up here. I am not entirely convinced that our local recycling bins are actually recycled, and I think that just using up the scrap pallets around often dumped in our road, the logs from the business a few hundred yards away or the occasional sack of smokeless fuel (we live in a smokeless zone) will be quite satisfactory. I also believe that a stove will help heat the bones of the house, keep the bees warm and add to the feel good factor.

I really hope it lives up to this. I hope I am not being silly.

1 comment:

Witch Hazel said...

Hi Syb
We have a stove, love it. Make sure you tell your stove supplier that you plan to burn logs (if that is what you plan to do) so he can make sire he recommends the correct type of stove. We live in a smokeless zone and so in theory cannot burn logs However, our stove has an adaptation which enables us to do so, even though we live in a smokeless zone. Can't remember what the adaptation was now, it was a long time ago we bought it.