Monday 19 September 2011

Publishing

I haven't forgotten about Digging up the Past, and I have drafted quite a bit, though it isn't up to a standard I would accept.

I will have to motor, as I want the sequel to Digging up the Past to come out @ Halloween (or Samhain) and I am feeling quite determined.

However, I would really appreciate the views of anyone who has read my stuff. I am considering publishing the Forgotten Village and a finished version of Digging up the Past as an ebook. It would be free(ish) for me, as far as I can tell, and I was looking to price these at 99p, if I could, and publish further installments on there at the same price.

I would be upfront about the first two being free to view on Fiction Press.

I am still at first ends of this - I am struggling to find out what costs what, but as far as I can tell the costs and fees of publishing are taken out of the sale price, so even though it is vanity publishing it is cheap vanity publishing.

I would be grateful if people could let me know how they feel about this, especially if they would feel let down by further installments being charged for. I don't want to let anyone down, especially after all the support I have had (and been very grateful for) so I would really value opinions.

Also, as far as I can see, if I publish at 99p, then I get royalties of @ 64p, so I am not going to be a millionaire out of it, but it would all help, if I didn't upset people.

No comments: